Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Hamsterical

Had a little scare in the morning when I realised the whole drinking water bottle was emptied into the babies' mobile home. Took a ride on the steed and it must have been the speed and jerking movements that made it spill into the sawdust. The whole hamster house was wet, even all areas of the sawdust. Manager suggested that I mircowave the sawdust(and the babies' too!) ...Which I did... only the sawdust... scooping it all out and putting it on defrost. We never used the microwave anyways. Felt quite upset so I went for a walk(yes during office hours) and bought them some cotton balls at CK for $1.50, and some assorted nuts. Apparently they are happy with the cotton balls, and burrow into it... sleeping in the soft cotton now.

I think I shall stop buying hamster stuff or I will go broke soon. Bought 3 carrots and tomatoes yesterday. Shall let the Daddy do the maintainence. But like neopets, I want to provide them with interesting and healthy food, nice furniture, high-class bedding... chanced upon this webbie, http://hamsterical.darn-tootin.com/ it's really interesting...facts about hamsters, and updated photos...its funny too.

Passed Debbie hers yesterday, it's Misty and Mittens' sibling... apparently male so far. She was so excited... named it Yogurt after some name-pondering. The pet supply shop would have some syrian breeds in a weeks' time, maybe I shall get one for my brother to rough-handle, so that he won't disturb my two babies. They're supposed to be a pearl white breed, which doesn't explain why Mitten is black. Perhaps it's a 'recessive' gene... wonder if it will produce white or black litters then.