Tuesday, December 28, 2010

scrapbooking: the red envelope holder



I'm just back from lovely holidays in Malaysia and having the 20th stamp on my passport makes me... more Malaysian than other Singaporeans? I can't even remember how many times I'd been to Melaka this year (I think 4?) and well... let me save my thoughts on that for the next post.

Well, I did this semi-scrapbooking project quite a while back in mid-Dec. So here it is, two red envelope-holders, project. I think the red color was perfect, it was well-made, solid... and found at under $10! I must say that I do find most scrapbook materials rather pricey here, so anything below $10 is like... incredible!

Back view... Stuck on the gingham ribbon and then the bobbles below it. Just a simple design.
Originally...

Closeup of the foam words. I really like the font and color of these words, most materials are found at 'Made with Love'.
I used a prima flower, a floral pebble sticker, and a chipboard heart. The heart was originally white, used ink stamp to stamp on the color and the diamantes from those handphone shop diamantes. I did the same for the lock chipboard, just that the paint was using tattered angels glimmer glam.
Arranging 3 items looks just about right!


So here it is, both envelope-holders. A simple project anyone can do! The most time consuming part for me was measuring the straightness of the gingham ribbon, I can't do anything straight!

I wanted to put a random word which also fits in the space, so I named it after my rabbit. And the other one, 'mine' will be a gift for my bestie who is coming down to spend the next two weeks or so in sg.
I know christmas is over but just wanted to show the simple card I did using all recycled pdts. Black a4 paper, transparency (the days of using OHP in school!) and gold glitter inside. I used sis' script stamp pad for the words background, and a uniball white pen to draw dotted lines and the words, snowman, holly. Quite pleased that I used recycled materials cuz that's what handmade stuff and scrapping is all about!