Sunday, February 22, 2009
Dad just got a friend to scan all our old negatives into digital photos. The advances of technology!
Seeing those old photos sure brings back memories... and also I realize why my upbringing has subconsciously imposed itself on my adulthood. Like...does the fact that my parents bought me a toy scooter to scoot around on explain my penchant for (pillion-ing on) bikes? Does the fact that my old house was wallpapered in a retro brown pattern explain my liking for those patterns somehow... and maybe having a big beanbag to lounge on (handsewn by Mom) explains my desire to have a beanbag in my own house when I grow up and marry someone, someday...
More photos to come...
Saturday, February 21, 2009
So I imagined what it would be like to take the REAL scenarios of the people around me, this week, and turn it into an episode plot:
1. "The clash of the biker dudes"
Lilo, who has just branched out into consumer banking, has just realized that despite the hassles of work, she has another thing to worry about: two guys liking her at the same time. The difference is, one is the stable, solid, engineer type whom she can envision a future with. The other is a charming but wild-child, 'little bad guy' type... but she can't resist going out with him and talking to him. They both confess their likings to her...so now how? Is it a case of 'Mr Right'...at the wrong time?
2. "The kasut manek story"
A Singaporean girl who once, fell in love with all things melaka on a backpacking trip when she was 18 and lived in a peranakan house along bukit china, is now beading her own kasut manek - peranakan beaded slipper. The strange thing is that with each beaded line, she has her own encounters with the peranakan culture. This week, she met a guy whose family owns the chain of peranakan restaurants in Singapore, and next week, he is taking her out to lunch. (True! But not romantic la, it's for work...of course. Hee...) By the completion of the slippers, what will happen when she puts it on?
3. "The photo in his wallet"
Kie is someone all girls like, because he is a sincere person with a ready smile for everyone. But year after year, he has experienced small heartbreaks and misguided likings. So year after year, he is still single, although the ravages of time does not show on his face, nor body. *whistles*
But... there is something that not many people knows, is that he still keeps a photo of himself and a girl (with a guy friend in the photo too), taken almost 4 years ago, in his olden gritty wallet. When the girl happened to spot it there, she was mystified and asked about it - he mentioned that because it was olden, the photograph had already 'stuck' to the plastic and melted together so he couldn't remove or replace it... ... But in 2009, with a new wallet, there is still the SAME photo... ...Is it the 'curse of the photo in his wallet' that makes him (and her, unfortunately) remain single?
So, which plot is good?
Hee... true stories sometimes are... better than fiction.
Actually, am really wondering about the photo. Maybe he is just a sentimental guy, no?
The perankan man is trying to close a 1.2mil deal with my company. Let's see how the lunch goes.
Monday, February 16, 2009
2 days ago...
'Happy friendship day,' texted Mr A.
'Friendship day is for kids,' I smarmily replied.
'I'm young at heart.' came the reply.
'Oh... me too...!'
Happy friendship day!
Was singing "Loving you" after dinner on Saturday... until clone's husband joined in with the 'bugging you' spoof.
Bugging you...it's easy cuz you're buggable...
Bringing you, the cute bug guitarist...I can't stop replaying this... too cute. Watch watch watch!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Me and the gang had a conversation at Everest Kitchen last week.
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
After one night of blissful sleep in Melaka, puffy eyes from being an insomniac for 2 weeks - gone, complexion looks pinky and refreshed (no photoshop, only benefit! ) For those who've seen me with puffy eyes.. thus a miracle indeed!
Monday, February 02, 2009
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Here I make some fashion resolutions for the year. After always telling myself internally but never getting around to announce them.
1. Always double cleanse my face when I wear makeup out. Shocking but I have always neglected to do so... ahhh, can hear my facialist screaming.
2. Don't buy or even step into the nice and cheap jewellery shops like...Diva. I'm always attracted to the chic rings that tarnish within a few weeks. Will save more and go for those better ones like...Thomas Sabo.
3. Don't buy new clothes until I have finished wearing all those I have not worn before. Haha! Well, 2 dresses and 2 tops left to go. Not counting the corporate wear...
4. Wear my Marc Jacobs dresses more often.
5. Stop buying flat shoes. They are too flat, feet ache and back ache. And learn to walk in heels.
6. For that matter, stop buying cheap shoes. They are never comfortable...
7. Get a nice bag I really x 100 like. The Mullberry satchel in sand color, the Lady Dior in gray or red or purple, Marc ... and also carry the bags I spent small bombs on, at least carry it more often...
8. Grow out hair - this is very difficult for me because I have such thick hair I feel like cutting them off all the time - and do a soft perm...always my desire since early 20s and I AM APPROACHING LATE 20s! GAH! 3 more months to a longer hair anyway.
9. Take care of my skin by drinking more water, probably need to start on some collagen or oil pills... use the pore minimizing stuff and serum... this actually works! I look younger! Yea.
10. Stop buying cheapo nail polish and actually try to use up the Opi ones before buying more. And in line with this, always have immaculate nails. I'm quite consistent with that!
Here, my blog shop buys. Yes all that and more. (I bought them when I was still having a salary...) In my opinion, the material is quite good nowadays, or at least as good as those in standard shops. However, the lengths of dresses are often too short for me and most of them only come in one size. But I do like them for their unique designs and cheaper prices.
Got the pale turquoise dress.
My current accessory, Thomas Sabo charm bracelet. No girl's ever too old for a charm bracelet!