Friday, January 27, 2006

Free

::poem, copyright mine.::


Like the fallen leaves
Dancing a secret dance together with the breeze
I am caught in the whirlwind
Sinking in the silver sands
Holding on to tiny fragile cords
I am lost in your world.
In a place where once all was white
Where all was known and trusted
Now seems fatigued with the twists and turns
It mirrors a maze the way known but forgotten.
In summer seasons the leaves grow green
In winter my heart withered
To lose again, the dreadful ice creeps up on one, unexpected.
Teach me, once more, till I am wise
And no longer wanting the taste of wine
On lips unadulterated
They cause banshees to wail the song
Of love, long lost, unrequited.
For happy is the man or woman
Who has found the love they hope
But sadder still is the one who has given,
Empty branches fade out the distance
And only a faded leaf remains
To tell the story of its existence.