Tuesday, March 28, 2006

For granted

I take for granted the beautiful skies with white fluffy clouds and warm weather that brightens up the day, making sure washed clothes dry easily, making sure my shoes don't get mouldy.

I take for granted my healthy body, only wondering why people always lament at their ill state, or have to keep taking medication. I saw a man walking in pain on my journey to work today. I prayed to God I will never lose one side of my leg to a twisted, malformed, misshapen disease.

I take for granted the friends I have around me, always longing for love, looking for new pursuits, never thinking once of the ways they have been so supportive, rather; facing them with sarcasm and sometimes pointed words I hardly mean to say.

I take for granted my faith, having received so much, I still give little. Wanting more and more blessings and prosperity, but unwilling to commit to a higher cause. Seeing the needs that can be filled, yet stepping aside and hoping for a miracle but not providing one.


I can't choose my experiences in life, but I can choose how to respond to them.


Unfortunately my responses have not always been cohesive, nor righteous.
My emotional responses are triggered off by external factors I cannot control.