Monday, January 01, 2007

Love me, love my friends

Love me.

We meet people in life that reminds us of what we should be - or how we used to be, and what we want to be.

Sometimes it's hard being ourselves. I look at working women who have young kids and wonder how they can serve, yet look after the family and earn money at the same time. I always believe there exists a certain affinity between people that you like and want to know better. I recently met a stunning young woman who dazzled me so much that...I want to be like her. If I was a guy I would chase her (she's married though)...Having two businesses, yet always looks impeccable, with a smile for everyone and bright, cheery eyes and the charistmatic-ness found in few individuals.

Beauty is not everything, I have seen how men are attracted to less-than-pretty faces because, their true personality really shines through. In fact, I realised many pretty faces have so many problems that it is better to avoid them altogether. Same for the pretty boys. But I digress. It is important to look good-put together and stuff, but not to obsess over every part - perfectionism gets us nowhere and some genetic qualities are impossible to change anyways. Despite everyone saying I look good with thi height and size (buying clothes IS a breeze, if not for my choosiness) I have insecurities about certain parts of my body that I always wished to change, if I could. Even considered surgery... only later as I grew older I actually realised I am unique and if I change, I would only look like the commoner gals, which is really not-beautiful when it's common. So, I grew to like my 'flaws'... Though all of us are on the journey of looking more fab each year! I really invested in certain skincare products which I felt had great improvement, so maybe next on my list would be a real teeth whitening or something like that, if I can afford after all my bills.

And I do have a fetish for manicures. It's so nice to have beautiful, shaped nails. Especially at work! Makes a world of difference.

==

Really nice to spend a large part of New Year's Eve and the day with pals. Especially those who specially make time for you. At The Church, we went there for the first time, the place was wonderfully big - and we were the first people to go up to the still-renovating roof garden. Haha! I guess they thought holy people won't bother to try the doors that have a 'no entry' sign.

Travis called shortly after the service, I was kind of hoping that he would. After all, the time we spend sharing together is so minimal considering that we are always in a crowd. Shiner came, too...and I thoroughly enjoyed myself with them and the members, watching movies till dawn. Felt as wide awake as Hammy the red squirrel, the days of rest did me good! Always wanted to stay up the whole night but no one bothered to keep me company till yesterday, hoho! I really treasure Travis, all these years. It is my secret wish to hug him to bits! And shock him in the process, haha. He's more than a friend (nothing scandalous meant here) with his nature of going out of the way to care for me...sigh. I'm really blessed to have all these people around me I know, but me being me, I always forget about them after a while - then I'd feel super guilty for doing that.

Being in a relationship, it's typical of me to forsake all and devote myself to the guy. But I guess it's shallow that way - to neglect friends only to look for them in times of doubt. Friendships are only waiting to happen, to blossom, if you let them. Despite the differences, (and the sheer idiocy of some people), I think we never know what surprises are in store for us. The unlikeliest of people may be the best of friends. We are so 'unsuitable-looking' in real life, Travis and Shiner always go out in ugly sneakers (New Balance), track pants, tees... I do wish that they can wear like cool stuff, it seems weird for me to go town with them, togged in this attire, but hey, I don't care. (In Travis' defence, he has been looking for 2 years for a loafer-type shoe but simply can't find, so it's the sneakers so far...) And, I do make friends with all types of guys, gay, toot, IT, design, teachers, whatever. It's the girls with long hair and guniang taste I cannot understand.

Friends!

True friends, I love them.