Sunday, February 07, 2010

bags I like

This week...

(while walking to Chomp2)
Me to TheBoyfriend: 'Dear... do I have a valentine's day surprise? Tee hee...'
TheBoyfriend: 'The surprise is no surprise.'
Me: ........

(the next day)
TheBoyfriend to me: I'm gonna take leave on Friday! You take leave as well! (I am not working currently...) We can celebrate your birthday in November. (My birthday is this month.)
Me: ...Haha.

Oh, how cute TheBoyfriend is. Although sometimes I want to choke with laughter.


Here are the top 10 bags on my bag list.

Not that I like them as a status symbol or to own a luxury good... I feel that the transformation from a little girl to a young woman begins with... knowing how to put on makeup, heels and a good bag. All set to conquer the world. Carrying a nice bag really makes your day different, you have a different feeling, I'm sure those in the know can attest to that. (The same goes for shoes but I think I don't have it in me for shoes.)

Having a good sense of my own style - what I like, what colors I would actually carry often, and, this often neglected - the size of the bag which suits my persona. Somehow, I don't like lugging around big bags though my frame suits them. I also can't do clutches and pouchettes though I think they are really nice. Slouchy types like hobos also don't do it for me. So, in a nutshell, I'm a 'structured + medium sized + kitschy/loud/nude colors' kind of bag person. And I like patent leather. Somehow it suits me too.


The Marc by Marc Jacobs tote. Comes in different colors. I was about to get one of these but it was all sold out so I got my Agnes B. One bag I am likely to afford, thus likely to buy... soonish. Yes, it comes in other nicer colors but this was the only good photo I found...

Mulberry Alexa. Satchels! I like satchels. And I like the color and the brand.

I'm not into LV, it's a bit too hard and heavy for me, but if I were to own one it would be in this shape, the speedy. I feel it's a classic shape and ladylike to carry around. I like the one in purple although the one in original print also does well. I like the color purple and it's tough to find a nice purple bag.



Any Longchamp bag. So versatile. I like the ones in pink or brown.


This classic Longchamp bag. Great for work! I already feel quite professional and confident just looking at it. Such magical powers it has!



Loewe Nappa Aire. One of my favorite underrated brands for bags. I feel they can do no wrong and all of their designs are nice, although the pricey range means it's for women of a higher stature. This is so chic, so classy, so soft, so roomy......

My most lusted-after bag. Lady Dior! Named after Lady Diana who was fond of it and supposedly owned every colorway. Mlle Ange and I were browsing in the high end boutiques one afternoon and we weren't impressed by the Chanel flap on display. However this got our nods and it just looks stunning... brought back from a retro design and the non-patent ones look just as good, it looks good in every color except black surprisingly. Subtle charm chain adds to it's perfection. Looks small but is rather roomy. And quite rare! I love it I love it I love it.

Coco Cocoon. The large black ones look like rubbish bags but this size is ok. I like reversible bags. It's red, a nice color for a bag, when it's reversed. This rose gold is very chic too. Very huggable. Somehow the idea of reversible bags always makes me excited.





I think the picture speaks for itself? Burberry has made many mistakes in the past... but all is forgiven. Also in white, can't stop looking at it.... and not very very expensive. Tres chic.



Last but not least, another Burberry. Some will hate it but it's just so me. A cute but chic me. Matches my black outfits. I can just imagine me with it. Yum yum!