Wednesday, December 22, 2004

3 days to christmas and all I want is ...

Whee, it's 3 days to Christmas and it's quite surreal, it doesn't seem very chrismassy to me here. Perhaps I associate Christmas with a hectic rush of parties, and meet-ups and stay-overs, and getting presents done, and hanging out aimlessly in town watching the soapsuds and twinkling lights and confused tourists caught in the last-minute shopping rush.

I remember last year, I just came back from backpacking a week in Malaysia, and when I touched base, I had to immediately shower, change and take the bus to church. We were carolling at RP then, and I had already missed 2 practices. Then, the mini project of making christmas presents, which covered my porch in ashes and I almost gave up as it proved much more difficult that I thought it to be. We couldn't finish it in time and stayed up past midnight to get it done, 'cuz the next day we had a stay-over house party. It's funny how the memories come back, almost as though they were fresh in my mind. and Watchnight, I was allocated a place on the staircase to sit. I think I scared Kai n Gif, sitting next to me, 'cuz when they played the song "You have been Good"(Scott Krippayne) I burst into tears and mumbled incomprehendingly to them. They were visibly stunned without a clue how to react. It must have been rather funny then. Yea, it was a rushed time last year, and I'm almost glad this year's much more quieter. I can think of my oikos too. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to go for 'Party by the Window', every single session.

There's no better party that a party at God's house.