Monday, December 20, 2004

An initial reaction to shocking news

More and more often I realise my initial reaction to things is a mask of how I should feel and more importantly, how I'm supposed to and how I will, in the long run.

Was traisping across the Causeway this morning when thru sms realised one of my nearest and closest friends is attached. First reaction: Indignance.

"What? And you never tell me..."

He clarified that (shockingly and interestingly) he just got attached. As in this morning.

Second reaction: Incredulity.
"What were the two of you doing last night?"

Then I realised I should spare a thought for the poor guy and being probably the first to know about it, through no fault of my own, be happy for him. Knowing that first-timers and guys usually have a hard time in this state of events. He's probably still reeling from the mixed emotions resulting from it all. So my last, and probably, best reaction of all was : Joy!

"Congratulations!"

Yea, truly wish them a fufilling time together, and hope that our friendship will in fact strengthen the relationship. Its' strange, I'm so close to this guy that all my past loved ones were jealous of him. Which is strange. Some guys don't understand the concept of platonic friendship, or mebbe they are just terrritorial creatures by instinct. He has offered me his shoulder to cry on, for the failed ones, and his prayers to bless the future ones. So Mr BestFriend, I assure you that through the twists and tumbles of being in love, I'll be there. You have helped me through. Oh yes, I remember it well, although I was too caught up in it to realise how much I needed your support.

Now it's my turn.