Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happynings at The Office

It's now cool to spell words with a Y.

One of the downsides of working in The Office is my little spot at The Worker's Quarters. It was nice but now, almost everyday there is a whole array of loser guys situated in various spots that it makes working there almost like playing landmine - even when you're doing paperwork. Ever felt like your phone conversation is being eavesdropped on, for no reason? It's like that now, all the time, especially when our Quarters became even smaller after upgrading the paperwork worker's area.

And when loser guys get together, they get bitchy. Lots of comments, on each other's clothes, eavesdropped conversations, etc. Lots of well-meant but often nonsense advice dished out to each other. Lots of coffee and smoke breaks, too. It's true that the environment affects a person to a degree. Me, I get really irritated at all the humming done by Loser Guy Workers that I often escape to Manager's area, in fact most of my most productive work is done there. Manager's area is peaceful, spirited, and calm. At least there will not be anyone eavesdropping on your conversation and (you think) taking down notes and discussing about it later during smoke break. Sometimes I like to provide the poor sods with some useful information, like what is the next launch of work to do, more often than not, they are clueless. Lately it does get to me so I tend to pour out my sorrows to Manager. Rich Dad's advice was good, he always told me to be focused and never talk to any of the Workers.


Was thinking it would be nice if I have a friend (not a loser guy) in the Worker's Quarter.

And then, Carpe diem! Je ne sais quoi! Voila! Eureka!

I met BonkY! =)
He was my 'partner' in a game our Departments were hosting for guests, I guess that night was one of the best ones I had in The Office - I did enjoy myself, lots. Found out we had some same ideas, like: 1. We hate to be at the Worker's Quarter. 2. We like seats near the photocopier. 3. We like to drink xx happy juice, and blah blah.

I was quite happy I had a partner that night because I was really tired (lack of snoozing) so when our Managers told me, hey, we got a partner for you, from the Other Department, I was like, "Who? (BonkY - but I didn't know who he is) ..., " and, "Handsome anot!"

The Managers (mostly single beautiful ladies in their 30s) all agreed YES!

One even drooled about his sideburns... (Have, meh?)

Like sometimes you see familiar faces - your colleagues. And perhaps you hope to get to know the pretty face in the other department a little better, or the cool chick in the other other department, you want to find out where she shops and whether she's just all style but no substance or someone with a really nice personality. And then somehow you bump into them and the world's a better place?

Well it wasn't like that for me and BonkY. Me, I did vaguely recollect this nondescript guy - put them in shirt, tie and pants and they all look like copies of each other, handsome or not, I guess I was really focused in work. Or maybe I don't look at colleagues in THAT way, hahaha. So I really did not notice this nice colleague, only that he was constantly surrounded by female Managers (I later found out from him they were friends before.)

So in a way, that aloofness worked for me - think he was intrigued as well. In fact I was grinning most of the time from his expressions and his highly irritating way of saying things. Like in the I-want-to-clobber you way. And yes, he is kind of cute. Aloof-looking too, like me when I'm working, but really funny when the occasion calls for it.

Now, we jibe each other - he makes me laugh, being irritated and happy at the same time. For two days now, he is the first one I see when I come into The Office - a coincidence? Since I've never noticed him before... Or maybe when you are looking for someone, you will find him/her. =) It's nice anyways to have/give such attention. It sharpens my mind and soul and the warm comradeship feeling (and maybe other warmer feelings) just makes me... more motivated in my work! Yes! I'm going to excel! And beat him...yessss!

Work aside, I've always wished that I have someone to talk to/hug/scream at during a Bad Day, so now there's bonkY!

Earlier in the afternoon, we 'saw' each other in the main corridor - I was coming back from a meeting, and he was going to one. So cute, he saw me first, grinned till his mini eyes almost disappeared, cocked his head to one side and waved at me till I was nearer. I waved back. Asked him for his email add. He said, Oh, I thought you have it? Really irritating. (But fun to have someone to scream at)I said, Of course I don't have, if I had it, do you think I will ask you for it? He wanted to mark my hand with it as we had no paper but in the end we asked one from the Receptionist.
Then later he said something slightly naughty and I grabbed the paper and ran away, shrieking.

I hope this one Worker friend I have will be a boon to my biz. bonkY! I really like him, man.

And he made me wonder...When a guy comments on your shoes/sandals, is he REALLY looking at your legs?


Hee...