Monday, June 25, 2007

A red hot coal...

What He's done for me, is so amazing...
and I know He will do for you, what He's done for me.

Think about coals. I've been thinking of them for the past day or so. Because, during The Church's Sat service, it was preached that we, in our spiritual walk, can be likened to coals. Red-hot, or almost burnt-out... or worse, lukewarm.
I cannot get the words out of my head. Thus, been thinking about coals.

During this weekend, I prayed for more friends who can guide me spiritually.

All along it's always been Travis, with occassional insight from Knarf, and recently, Snowman. But I need more, more people to help me climb out of the mire and into a new place.

It's been an amazing weekend.

And right after saturdayservice, Jelly smiled at me.

He's also one of those people who have impacted my life so, by doing something beautiful for me, something I never thought he - or anyone, would do.

When I broke up early this year, on that day itself, I smsed a few friends. I wasn't heartbroken really, but of course, kind of sad. Jelly immediately insisted that I call him - since he was free, having a break between study periods. I did not really want to, but he insisted, and that talk was a relief, a breaking down, and I'm touched to know that he really cared, for someone who was perhaps hurting but did not want to show it.

So, like an answer to prayer, Jelly asked me, what kind of coal did I think I was. He shared that he's definitely not burnt out, but not red-hot either. Something like lukewarm, he identified. And then happily said that he'd check on my progress (spiritual doings) the next week when we meet during saturdayservice. Such an answer to prayer.

Later that evening, I received an sms out of the blue from a girl friend musician in The Church. She wanted to meet the next day - and I also shared how she was an answer to my prayer then. God always answers my prayers - I am amazed how instantaneously he does!

It's important to have a positive response to the doings of God. No matter what, whether or not you were filled with the Holy Spirit, whether you believe in the power or not, give Him the respect that He is doing something in the lives of other people. And you can choose, for your own life, whether or not you want to participate in this. As long as we have a bit of Faith, God will use that little bit to shape us, transform us, and help us to be better leaders of tomorrow's world.

When I was being prayed for, all I said inside was, 'me, me, me.' Use me, Help me, speak to me.
Yes God, I want something more. I want something more.