Sunday, May 11, 2008

captain zero, and decision making



Hmmm.
There ia actually a movie in production about Captain Zero!!!

'Surfer and one time drug smuggler, Allan Weisbecker's search for lifelong buddy Christopher, rumored to be living somewhere in Central America, so they can share their dream of the "Endless Summer" takes him through sometimes funny, sometimes harrowing adventures, that culminates in a shocking discovery about Christopher...and himself. ' - being produced now!

It's also the name of a vintage book series...
G.T. Fleming Roberts. How cool is that! Zero, you are/were famous!

Well, it's the first time someone's nickname on my blog becomes famous. I had no idea these books existed. And, Captain Zero knows the meaning of his name... or why I call him that. It's quite meaningful really, although now it takes on a new meaning with those comic-book type characters.

Why I give people in my life interesting names on this blog is because I don't want to make those stories into something people would wonder about others, but to take the story, and its lessons, at face-value. I also learn the most from the insightful and discerning people around me, so that is why I choose to write about them/us/our lives, and it's not to discredit their strength of character in any way.

Still reading the decision making book. Lots of good nuggets for thought. I shall write a book review and post it up soon. It's the global day of prayer too... For those who are interested can go to www.god.tv ! They will pray for country by country... it's Japan now. It's amazing, they show people from all over the world praying for their countries, in cave churches and anywhere they can gather... live feed today. I think it's amazing how the guy who founded this heard from God and established the whole thing. For me, I'm not sure I can do something big like this if God calls me to. I guess God tells him because he is somehow capable, or made capable. Then again, it's a life-changing decision whether to do it, or not.

Something interesting in the decision making book - it talks about Alice in Wonderland who was at a crossroads... and she doesn't know which road to take. The Cheshire cat asks, "Well, where are you going?" Alice doesn't know so the cat wisely answers, "Well, if you don't know where you're going, any road will do very nicely." If our lives are not repeatedly dedicated to the Lord, then ANY choice we make is as good - or as bad - as the next.



Deo Velenti - God willing.