Saturday, May 16, 2009

agreed

My first 'pet' - neighbor's cat in Melbourne. Going there next week, after 20 years since my first stay. I'm so chic lasttime with the sunny yellow top, stonewash jeans and... bubblegummers shoes.

Today, while chatting to Mr A, I mentioned that I had a headache (I think due to a stiff neck) for some days...

He asked: "Did you have late nights?"

I replied: "All my late nights are with you."

We both "!!!"

Haha, I meant phone conversation like until 1 am, for 3 days this week. I think, that is already kind of pushing my limits - and his. He has to wake up earlier, so I feel truly bad for yakking until we are both like... mumbling nonsense. I also realise that I tend to speak what's on my mind - like the really nice and sweet stuff, when I am half-concious. One of those nights, I requested a little lullaby from him, and he obliged. Hee, the memory of it now gives me little bubbles inside.

Oh...and somehow, we have both agreed on everything so far. =( I mean, it's not that I'm happily agreeing to everything he says, and vice versa. Those who know me know I have strong opinions and will not hesitate to opine them when I feel so. Mr A. thought that perhaps, I agree with his opinions because he voice them out first. Well, I do take kindly to others' views as well, and perhaps may 'align' mine with their own. But still, I've never met anyone whom I agree with so well.

So we decided to find some topics to disagree upon.

His colleagues were having some discussion about 'marriage issues' so he posted them to me. One was about money - in Vietnam, the custom was the husband give the wife all his salary, what was my view about that? The other one was a question which I think many people had vastly strong opinions about - depending on their upbringing, or mostly, I feel, it depends on their age. Would you be willing to live with the guy and the in-laws?

Umm. I think most people my age have strong opinions that they would. not. live. with. in-laws.

But for me, actually I've always assumed that not only would I have to - but I actually want to.
Because, I find that a house with two people is... too quiet. And, as I've mentioned before, it would be really thrilling for me to learn from the mother-in-law, how she cooks fish, how she lives in her older-generation way...I think there is much to learn, for me. Even grandmothers, I do secretly relish the thought of living with these women if I have the chance to, and learn their ways. I don't see myself as a submissive woman, but rather how my life will be enriched, as opposed to living on my own. How nice, to learn from the mother-in-law, how to cook her son's favorite dishes! And to learn other wifely things too. =)

So, after these 'deep issues' questions... we still agreed on everything!!! Initially he thought that I am the agreeable one, so he made me say my opinions first before he said his. But after all I said, he totally agreed. It totally amazes me that we are so 'like-minded' because, character-wise, we are very, very different. And not really complementary per se.

I wonder, if one day we will run out of things to talk about. We are still talking about 'danga bay' - the place where we met and got acquainted briefly. I think it's nice to have someone agree with you on things, and I also think it's important in the long run, if we do have one.