Tuesday, August 24, 2004

life as we know it

Can't believe I slept for 14 hours.. from sunday after the olympic table tennis match (we are fourth again, but nvm...) yea woke up and then did TAWG... quite surprising that my TAWG lasted one hour, I think I was praying a very long prayer to God. Track's over, and somehow feel slightly stressed at the number of things I have to do this week, it's amazing how things suddenly take over your life and I feel that I don't really have control of it anymore. I have to constantly remind myself that I'm in control of my own destiny. Chester's flying back from 2 and a half months of sailing in the open seas... He must be terribly homesick. Can't imagine what its like to work away from home and not being able to call back... well he should be back in melaka the time i'm writing this. It's so funny, felt exhilarated for him as well.. like I want to puke with excitement. I'm glad that Ches can spend time with his family too... the last few years studying in Singapore, and now 3 years on a ship... it's lyk one third of your lifetime you are away, and he's still 21, like me... ... during my TAWG read a passage that really struck me: 'The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear it if the spirit is crushed?' Hmmm.

Categories: