Wednesday, October 06, 2004

A day like every other

Today I woke up, turned off my alarm, prayed for a fufilling day, brushed my teeth, bathed, put on some clothes, ate 2 peanut butter sandwiches, played with the cat, got onto my dad's new bike(Honda Steed), sped off, reached office, opened the door, switched on the lights and comp, sat down, read my email, filled in forms, replied to emails, answered the phones, filled in more forms, went to buy lunch, ate carrot cake and 2 slices of pineapple and a glass of water, ... ...

Every day is almost like every other day.=)

Just that today, I'm happy. Lighthearted. My perspective of life does not change according to my feelings or moods, it only becomes more diluted or more focused.

It's strange that people are so ruled by their emotions that they can 'take a break', from God, from a relationship, from ... themselves? During this 'break' then, what happens? Do they completely lose themselves in relaxing, in 'letting go'... ...What good does the break do, then? Is it supposed to make things better, or worse?

Or is this just an excuse to shy away from confronting the truth, to think that they are honest and open, except that in reality nothing has changed and they are just running away from their feelings? Blame it on the weather if it suits you, can't we just admit our mistakes or our insecurities and live, and learn... there is no point in hiding from yourself, not when there are issues to be resolved within.

I am at peace.

So, I'm happy.

And it is a happy day, today.

=)