Sunday, October 31, 2004

Ready to be brave

"When you have a lot of love for God,
Fear goes out of the window."

-Pastor Dominic Yeo

What is God trying to tell me about fear? It cannot be a mere coincidence that stuff concerning this issue abruptly 'pops up' and lingers on. But nah. I'm not one to fear much, if at all.
Like spearmint gum, leaving an ambiguous aftertaste, probably this is what I need to know. Although currently I'm more perturbed about other things, like:

1.Why do I let certain things happen even though I already know the outcome?

2.Why do I (feel that I have to) put on a facade to hide what I really feel...

3.Why do I internalize what is important to me instead of releasing it?

I'm not psychic. I'm not stupid. And I'm not a sadist. Perhaps I did not think enough. Perhaps I think too much. All I can say is that i'm PEK CHEK!!! Hopefully I will be brave enough to do that which I've long put off. Sam was right, in more ways than one... to think that I just laughed away his insightful remarks. Now, I bear the brunt of it. I was heedless to his 'pep talks' and now I find myself hungering for it.

Sorry Sam, on my part I have been giving excuses; maybe I was not ready to be brave then, maybe I was insecure, maybe I was ashamed of my thoughts. But deep down I know you are right and I hope I have the character enough to take on the challenge.

Now I need the courage to stand alone, and perhaps I will meet fear then.