Friday, November 19, 2004

Strange twist of events

Tentatively booked my tickets 5 minutes ago, it's amazing what modern technology does these days. Got a really good deal from this agency. Can't wait... just one week more! In a strange twist of events, I find myself being gainfully employed again. By the same company. Whoo hoo, it's back to tanjong pagar again for me. I would like to boast that I'm indispensable... but then I know its not true, and they didn't increase my paym but I'm going back anyways. I lyk the people the place and the job is ok too!

Feel a slight reluctance in going back; the weather's so fine these days... but well, I do need to earn something for my trip. This time it will be more exciting, have new projects I need to handle, and also with my new exercise regime I shan't have to feel so pasty and down... I shall live frugally and... oooh the postman just delivered my most recent online buy - an old navy, light blue tee with american flag print and '2004' (to commemorate my faithful patriotism for the land of the free) ... I like it. Brand new too and only $12.90, excluding postage... ... It's worth the wait! Waited about a week for it to come after making the bank transaction... I shall go check later whether my free movie tickets are in the mail... It's for 'forgotten', whew glad that I din go watch it with the UP guys last thurs... That means I'd have to skip the second half of LCE tho, feel slightly bad about that. Well it's a prior arrangement and I can't help if my appointments always clash with LCE... lemme see, the last time I went was... ... hmmm... I think in july or august? ha.

Just a small reflection on being 'guileless', ie without guile. Is that appealing? Is that too naive and unrealistic to hope for in people, in this generation, in sg...? Why the titanium shield then, do we have too many enemies, possibly the biggest one is our selves... Anyway, I'm going to be original, sincere, and awfully nice to the people who have taken advantage of my niceness and generosity to them. Being good to them doesn't change my disgust or misapprehend my frustrations, it's just something I want to do right now, even tho it may be termed 'incredibly stupid' by many... but this is my world and I'm keeping it constant.

Technically speaking next week is the last I can get to see all my friends before I'm back...then it's december already. Christmas calls! A reminder to myself to continue faithfully shopping... But the gym calls... Oh well, guess I'd just have to balance my time between all the actvities. Yep. Have some sort of heat rash on my throat, its red and patchy all over my chest/neck... its weird never had this before... Well am slathing calamine to stop the itch... mebbe i'm burned... but I look better tanned. Ah, the price of looking healthy...