Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Da Vinci Code, Christmas Trees

The Last Supper. The Fibonacci sequence of numbers. The pentagram. Baphomet. The city of Sheshach in Jeremiah. Mary Magdalene. Merovingians. Mona Lisa.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown is an excellent novel. Excellent 'cuz it got me thinking and actually researching about certain things it said about my faith. This goes to show that it is actually a good thing, in that sense. Also it was highly controversially banned in my church's youth ministry. No point, 'cuz certain people, me included, will still read it no matter what they tell us not to do...and anyways it is a really intelligent book so the youth wouldn't really be able to understand 'the code' anyway. Haha. Emailed my pastor about some questions I couldn't manage to find out online so I guess I will post if here when he replies. Interesting stuff, the person seated on Jesus' right hand(supposed to be John) DOES look feminine, even Mum said so.

Yea, and contrary to most peoples' belief that the Christmas tree is a mainstay of pagan tradition (It doesn't make sense that the trees are also found in churches then!)... Well, the fir tree, which stays evergreen all year round; when the other trees wither during Winter; is, a symbol of Christ's everlasting life. So how's that little bit of trivia for ya! But yep, I must admit that the Christmas theme is still very euro-centric with visions of stockings and chimneys, snow-capped houses blah blah.

All in all, it's the little things that contribute to my merry mood this season. Even the little things that crop up does not dilute my focus, instead it enhances the clarity of my vision and strength. I'm determined to get by with character and trust. In God we trust.