Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A tragic sense of life

"Yea, I really believe that we have to step out of our comfort zone of modern life - along with all it's exigencies and vicissitudes - to be able to grasp a little better what life is all about.
I say grasp a little better cos, really, we'll never really comprehend it.

But stuff like my mission trip to camerons definitely helped give me a larger sense of purpose, rather than just the i, me, myself attitude that i'm engulfed in everyday. Quoting a preacher i once heard, we all need - to some extent - "a tragic sense of life," lest we lack emotional depth. "

-wise words emailed to me from Chester, when I shared to him about the Aceh trip.

It's my turn to be sick, gastroenritis caught from some contaminated water I drank out of Shiner's bottle when we landed at Changi. How silly, but I was ignorant of the fact that it was water-borne.

Vomited some green bitter fluid from my ... gall... this morning. Yuk yuk yuk. Now I know why they say as bitter as gall. Really tastes bad, I cannot believe this thing is expiating from my mouth...

Bouts of feeling really okay(Okay enough to go to East day camp for half a day yesterday) and then lapsing into sheer tiredness because of losing fluids... I can safely say that this is the second time in the year I've been really sick...And I'm going to be really thin. Thin, dark(from the Indon sun) and muscular(from the sand shovelling) haha! Havinh some slight apprehensions about eating anything 'rich' although the florentine chocs in the fridge looks tempting. I can only digest the wonderful 7-eleven's mashed potato and some porridge soup. Plus been ingesting a lot of apple juice, the only thing palatable to me.