Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kie and cell

Happy birthday Mr Lee.


Crazy day, celebrated Kie's birthday by shopping at Mustafa's till late, really really late. I'm amazed we could stay out till 5am... Really can do this only when we're young! Bought him sweetcakes Indian type... instead of the usual creamed affairs. The small, custard sized cakes tasted rather nice with melt-in-your-mouth swirls of milky nodules and pistachios in between.

We interrogated him with questions about what he wished for and what he looked for in a woman. I think I will always remember his answer.

It's funny now that we are multiplying, I realised Kie's good qualities and actually begin to develop a deep respect for him. Despite being saved not too long ago, his indepth sharing which touches many lives, during cell sessions, really inspires me, and the rest. God has been so real to him and he has always said that he couldn't imagine he could be where he is right now, as a cell leader, so quickly. I've come to depend on him for emotional support during the times when as a singular leader I felt lost and discouraged. He is one person you can complain for hours to. Maximum - 2 hours.

I remember after service I would always be the last one driven home, and if I wanted to 'pour out', he would gently reverse his car into an empty lot facing my block. Sometimes he is really strict with me, in a strange reversal of roles, and I respect him for being so teachable and really honoring women, always supporting me since Day 1. He will definitely be a better leader than me when I first started out. I would love to play a supportive role with him as my leader and I the assistant!

But he too, is never reluctant to let me lead, in fact he relishes hearing from me too. I'm humbled. Appreciate him for that, for always encouraging me, never questioning my authority even though sometimes I can be quite...irritating.

We really make a good team.

Sounds disgustingly emotional, but I will feel so much like crying when he leaves (Actually I'm the one who is leaving.) I'm really hungry for multiplication, its like a pregnant woman waiting to give birth feeling, just waiting rather anxiously. At the same time, I will miss the people I barely got to know better. Nobody expected such a short time together - but I hope that when we are apart, we can remember the good times we spent. Serangoon117 cell - planted with two people, September 2005. Merged with some people, renamed Sunnydale - February 2005. SD1 and SD2, my babies - multiply February 2006. Made history by being the fastest cell to grow from 2 to multiplication stage(around 20 people now), in the East district. God is behind all this. God is always with us. Always.