Monday, March 27, 2006

Eagles don't regret

Eagles don't regret. Can I keep a bat for a pet?


He said to me,

"So are you giving the other guy a chance now?"

Now that he chooses to leave without telling me. Now that he is in Soi Country, without even calling me once. I'm not unhappy at the fact that he leaves, I'm dissatisfied with the way he thinks he can live his life without a thought for the people who care so much for him.

They say opportunity only knocks once. By his actions, my door is gingerly pulled shut. Yes, the feelings are dissipating. Feelings don't last. Only commitment makes love last, in my opinion.

________________________________________

Called Brightmann "chou chou" today, haha. I actually forgot what it meant in French. Some kind of cutesy phrase I think. Met him downstairs from The Office, got a chance to stare into his eyes but still don't know what color they are. He told me a two-minute life story as we walked into the main corridor and parted ways. He's someone that makes me smile. Or rather, laugh uproariously! Last Friday, was in for a long meeting. Kept spotting him in the main corridor.

I usually hesitate talking to him because he is always talking to the bigshots. But hey, he always notices me and gives a shoutout to me! Felt slightly embarassed then as the whole corridor would know my name.

The other time I went out for a break - I was headed to the toilet and feeling kind of cold, saw Brightmann again, now talking to one ang moh I don't really like - I thought that he was a tad insincere in his treatment towards others, only paying them respect if they were associated with other bigshots. For me, he used to greet me heartily because I was Big Boss' pet, now that Big Boss is in HK, he slights me I think. Well, I don't give two hoots but well, it just shows his character. So Brightmann spotted me - I didn't think he would give a shoutout again... but he just said "Oh! She's coming this way!" And proceeded to hide behind a pillar... I turned in time to see the shocked look on the face of the ang moh, the one I didn't really like. That, was priceless. I grinned the whole day. Really made my Friday a cheery one. I know that Brightmann has tons and tons of work to do - In fact he said that it would take about a year to settle things. And he works all weekend long too... Yet he is so cheery, so happy bouncing about the office, it's a blessing to have people like that around.