Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Head over heels

God's timing - the right timing. - Luke 01

Did not really want to blog words this month, but some things cannot be left unwritten in the journal of my life.

And, I am falling in love.

How is it possible, I might ask myself. A believer of rationality, I forsake my core thinker mode and let my emotions take rein of me. The person in question, a really sweet chap who charmed his way into my heart with his character and the way he loves God. How is it possible, that I would even consider something like this - if someone had told me this would happen, I'd laugh my head off. But in God's mysterious ways and wonderful timing, He allowed a little romance to come into my life - and now I am helplessly, beaming, tenderly, head over heels in love with someone special.

I knew exactly why he came into my life at this point of time. For me, reasons unknown, have always thought that I liked guys which were the 'engineer' pattern type. For years, I've been looking in the wrong direction only to realise recently that this pattern definitely do not like my type. You know. A bit toot and wears checked shirts. Quiet, analytical, computer people.

But recently, as I venture out into the corporate arena I realised that actually I'm attracted to extroverts with a dynamic personality. I always liked younger guys, younger than me even, but only recently I began to be more open towards older ones. Slowly, God is moving me to break even the tiny mindsets which I never knew I had. I asked God many times over the last year, why did I have these encounters which caused me to be so... strung up, so wound up... and now, I realised, it's to prepare me for the best one.

At the start of the year, I knew it's THIS YEAR that I wanted someone. Specifically I remember what I told my cell to pray for me. To pray for me, to fall in love with someone I can spend the rest of my life with. In the Leaders' cell, I shared to the group something which I had never shared before. My last relationship, 5 years ago. We had committed to each other promises we could never fulfil. I thought it best to go separate ways after 911. Now, I was in no-man's land. Literally. Though guy friends were plentiful, none were suitable. So, we prayed. And I remember something about 'meeting at the intersections' - Pel prayed, with others agreeing. Some found it strange that I would be so concerned about this matter - after all, I am on the young side, in fact many would say, 'still young, la'... Somehow I knew that this year, I wanted something to happen, and I was ready for it, though I could not possibly imagine how it could happen. This is one of the three 'big' prayer requests for my life this year.

And I met a nice guy.
Someone who is everything I've ever dreamed about and even wants to live in a shophouse.

He touched my heart when he shared that he prayed to God telling Him this is the girl he wanted to marry.

He touched my soul when he shared about his love for God, and feelings for me.

In matters of the heart I cannot say that I am fully experienced or know totally what I am feeling. But I believe that... God, this person is the best one for me.


je savais que je voulais l'epouser quand j'ai place la premiere fois mes yeux sur lui.

=)