Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Stand up, stand up...

Chinese medicine points to one's diet or emotions as potential causes of such symptoms of 'heat in the mouth'. Greasy/fried foods or 'energetically hot' food (for example: spicy food, alcohol) may also trigger mouth ulcers. Emotions such as anger, frustration, resentment, or stress can also impede the proper flow of one's energy and create 'heat' in the body, with such manifestations as mouth ulcers, red eyes, sore throats, insomnia or constipation.

Great.

I have two canker sores in my mouth (left and right!) and one on my tongue and one red eye and a horrid tummyache churning.

Hope it gets better tomorrow. Meanwhile shall have a quiet night at home for once. =)

Been impacted by people around me recently, shall share these thoughts. Met a guy whose only goal in life is to get married and have kids, such a simple wish but maybe to some, it seems impossible. Be it due to their busy work schedules, or lack of looks, the typical life of blissful love and marriage seems to evade them. The guy also shared about how, a few years back, he was actually engaged and even had bought a condo for their impending nupitals. Alas, the fiancee shortly broke off the engagement, stating they were incompatible. It's things like these that are real-life shockers... but they are one of twists and turns in life.

Over avocado juice and yummy hawker food, some female colleagues and I were talking about the usual, men, relationships, what women want. The conversation was highly interesting to me as instead of the usual christian talk about criteria and looking for a godly mate, these are women from all categories of life. One was married, one was an older single, me in my twenties and two in their late 20s and one who was attached, in her 30s. I'm beginning to love my colleagues - there is no politics, no bitching, just plain honest sharing about what they felt. So blessed to have people of this kind in my company!

We talked about our loves, and the one who was attached promptly revealed she was living with her boyfriend of 6 years, who was 8 years older than her. She said she did not see the need for marriage as neither wanted any kids, besides did not want to conform to Societal norms. Being the youngest, I just observed more than I spoke in this conversation about men and relationships. After all, it is her life and I did not want to dictate the right thing that should be done. But, I'm amazed at the rest of the ladies who gave such excellent advice in such high EQ ways that I can only applaud. They said that, if he really loved you, he will and should offer you this assurance (marriage) in the form of a proposal. Even if both of you are happy about the status quo, things will be easier if both takes the step to marriage. Things like finances, even if he is unconcious in an accident, you will only be able to see him if you are the wife or a blood relative.

I was blessed by the conversation, even though they were not christians, they had such high moral standards and yet came across in a way that was not legalistic or dictatoring. Have to learn from them! Making a stand in this world is tough. Was impacted to voice out over certain things I feel strongly against. Have not been doing that for long, maybe in a way, over the years, I've 'toned down' and decided to listen first instead of voice out. But sometimes, I tend to keep my own feelings to myself, telling myself that it's none of my biz and I don't want to bother other people anyways. But at the end of the conversation, I could see that the lady who was attached was somehow moved, yet not offended by what they say. I believe these colleagues spoke with wisdom and knew the right words to say, to her.

For me, I will choose to voice out, the next time.
Stand up for Jesus.