Friday, June 23, 2006

TGIF ramblings

Incoherent ramblings on a Friday afternoon.


I wonder... why do I need so much sleep and why does caffeine affect me, but not other people. I wonder if mad people are really demon possessed or not. I wonder how situations and incidents can strengthen friendships, yet the same friendships can be so quickly lost if one party just neglects to make the effort. I wonder if someone whose prayers are all not answered, would they still have the faith to believe in God?

Hmm.

If all the people in the world were blissfully happy, then who would be unhappy? And would happiness be valued in the sense that it is, now, if that were the case? Do I need a majority of people to feel unhappy so that my happiness has a greater value? For most of life, we have a choice. Mostly we can choose what to eat, what to buy, etc. So why would we be unhappy about our purchases/food choices unless we are generally unhappy about life itself and this stems from an inner root issue not something that can be handled easily. You have to understand yourself first before you can even begin loving another person. You have to handle your life first before entrusting it to another man. More importantly, cherish the ones you have now, instead of constantly looking out and forsaking all the current friends and loved ones.

I was quite touched when one of my ex classmates kept trying to organize some gathering, a simple dinner with the rest of us. Unfortunately weeknights I'm usually fully booked, so I always could not make it. But I do treasure such opportunities to meet up with old friends, even though we were never close in the past. It's maybe half a year since the activities of last year has come and gone, do we still remember with fervency the people we used to pray with, to share with? Do I remember my dreams and what I've hoped to accomplish in this year or are they just overwrought with the daily grind of activity? Sometimes people in my life I do take for granted. Especially when you see them almost every other week. But when they are long gone from your life, you will start to feel a sense of loss you can't even narrow down, why...

Although I will not be the one to organize these reunions and outings, I will still make an effort to be there. For the old ones and the new.