Friday, September 08, 2006

At heart

I'm a romantic at heart.

Not those types of diehard romantics, no... just sometimes having little thoughts like, oh, if I were a guy, I'd buy those chocs/flowers/small trinkets for my gal...but still, touched when Darling gives me little chocs, buys sotong balls because I said I liked, carrying my oversized bag and etc. I do wish sometimes though for more affection - I mean, there is already a lot of affection in the daily many smses and we talk almost constantly, not to mention almost every night. Once he came into my life, I wonder really how it was like before. Maybe lonely Friday nights and more free time. Hurhur. Talking about sms-ing, Travis mentioned to me while we were out - that he had the same phone plan as mine - ie 500 sms, however he never exceeds that while I always do. =P

Found out today that Travis had a relapse on Wednesday. Last I saw him (Monday), he was full of life, full of plans for the week as it was his school break for this week. Alas, he has to rest at home for this week because of the relapse. Actually, we planned to meet for dinner today but he said he had to rest at home. I just felt so sad, for him. Epilepsy is something that no one knows the cause... and no known cure as well. Although sometimes, it just miraculously disappears. I kept having flashbacks of the time when I saw him, helpless on the floor, with blood streaming down. Guess I was pretty traumatised that time, and I can't even imagine how he is feeling now. It would take a mature and positive woman to accept this in a man. He can't even do basic things like learning how to drive, serving reservist...all because of this dreaded sickness... Oh God, how I wish that sickness does not touch anyone in my circle. I feel pained as I imagine his anguish. Surely he must have cried out to God many times to heal him? Yet, all he knows is that the healing will take place... but when...? Travis is one of my inner circle...a person that I really trust as my support group, although I don't think I am someone who is giving him support... well, just friendship and companionship, don't think he's close to any other gal, haha! I just wish that there is something I can do to help... If I had known, I would have gone to the hospital. Just a small show of support. It must be difficult for people to always go in and out of hospital. The toll on the body, and the convalesence time to recuperate.

At least, I'm glad that we shared a happy day together before this took place.
Please let him be well.