Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Meme

I love asking and answering questions, they keep me sane.
Once again some questions to ponder upon while skipping lunch this rainy afternoon.


One body part you’d like to change?
I'm actually quite satisfied but I wish my feet could fit into normal shoes without any discomfort so I'd own 100 pairs of sexy heels instead of 2 for work.

Describe your ideal Saturday.
It would have to be waking up late, no work, bright sunny morning and a day out relaxing at the beach, reading a novel, or walking through flea marts and eating nice nolstalgic food.

What have you got for leftovers in your fridge?
Hum...nothing much. Half eaten chocolate bar. Usually not much leftovers! Haha...

You get to travel back in time for one day. How far back do you go and why?
I go back to the time when we had a way to change lives and change things. Probably to when Singapore was declaring independence...

If you had one hour with the President, what would you say to him?
I'd ask him how much he earns and spend that one hour convincing him to invest at least a 7 figure sum with me, hee...

One body part you’d never change?
My lips - always flushed and I never need to wear lipstick, plus they look full of collagen. I inherited them...Angelina Jolie type lips. Always took them for granted till I realised the problems thin lips have...

Your most favorite thing about being where you are in life right now?
Probably the fact that I have not much worries, no liabilities and enjoying my work almost every single day. That I'm still young- yet not that young where I'm not respected... yet young enough to be wilful at times without suffering much repercussions.

Ultra-violet rays or tan-in-a-bottle?
Go to Sentosa! Where the sun always shines... Then again, it has to be a whole day out. Right now am using "Hawaiian Tropics" brand of sunless bronzing cream - appears to be a moisturiser but slowly turns your skin into a nice subtle tan. I like it very much. This brand has nice suntanning lotion too.

You have an unlimited expense account; what three things do you purchase first?
A 3G palm type phone is first that comes to mind... since I really need it. The rest... Well, I would buy a house - a shophouse, and then a nice car... volkswagen van or beetle or golf...

Your least favorite thing being where you are in life right now?
Knowing that time is precious, that each year you waste right now you will live to regret it... being caught up in the daily grind of things with friends so busy that we never have time to catch up.

==
I am wondering about the state of things and what am I going to do next year. How is life like and whether the things I plant my time into will bear fruit, or at least, let me learn something new. I need challenges but I need the resources to be there as well. Am blessed by the people around me, helpful and encouraging ones whom I certainly want them to be a part of my life in the future. It's scary to imagine that in 2-5 years from now I will have everything I ever wanted, except maybe having a retail chain of my own - one of my passions and wishes. I hope that life does bring joy and hope, healing, happiness to the ones around me. Truly, that they regard the things they own not as theirs but something they are blessed by. How to be truly happy is to find joy in places you never knew existed, small things like a nice belt or a favorite purse... and to thank God for it and everything else.