Friday, January 05, 2007

Everything you wanted to know but was afraid to ask...

Had a nice time hearing people share about their goal-setting for 2007. Realised that...

Guys can be ALL into their jobs...
Girls can be ALL into guys (like sacrifice everything!)
Guys that are ALL into girls are loser guys... AND
That is why there are a lot of girls in church and a lot of loser guys!

Haha. One of my deep insights, don't be offended.
I am embarking on a mission to bring my tall, hunky, cute guy pals to my new cell and church, but first I have to understand their psyche. But I digress, back to goal setting.

I'm glad that I started this week to be really focused in work. My work has a different kind of stress, the kind that make you question 'Who am I', and toss and turn in bed at night. I was asked this question today and truly? I don't know, yet. Sure I know what kind of people I like and things I like to eat, play with, etc but really, who am I? And who are you? Are you offended by being defined by the kind of work you do, or do you take a pride to it?

The kind of goals we set actually defines the kind of people we are...and want to be.

As well as how we are going to achieve it.

I want to be an expert in my job... to know everything there is to know. I do take pride in rattling off facts yet find it increasingly hard to remember them. I guess knowing them gives me a sort of self-confidence. Where book smart and people/street smart matters, here.

Success is not only about material wealth... it's also by feelings and experiences. I hope that in the year ahead, I will find a balance between my social life and the work scene! That in all my relationships, I will find meaning, and fulfilment. I really want to make things better.

StudMuff gave me good advice recently, I am thankful for his - and others' well-meaning concerns. Honestly, if you want to be a friend to others, just support them in their low times and share the energy in the high times. I hate people who just sit on their butts giving good advice with none of the experience or sincerity in their words. These experiences really shape us, to be stronger and wiser, so no matter what the outcome, thank God for bringing us through it! StudMuff said, if we're going through a rough patch, just give yourself 2 weeks (or some other time frame) to be sad and after that, bounce back, forget about it, move on! It makes sense, that.