Monday, November 05, 2007

northern lights

It just started snowing in Norway last week.
Soon, the Northern Lights will appear.
I want to go see. Badly.
Maybe next year when I've stashed up enough...



Brought Skiiri to the vet today. I've been going to the vet every Monday for a month. Feel happy to see the receptionist, somehow seems like a familiar face now. His name is Sam and he is lanky and fair with nice glasses. Facing him for hours while waiting for my pet, I start to wonder about him. Like what is an intelligent -looking guy like him being a receptionist... does he love animals? Or is he a temporary staff... etc. And he somehow looks like Sheepy. A younger and spectacled version...

Thank God my job allows me to take Monday mornings off or I will be at my wits end... And thank God the vet is within walking distance. Next time, a prerequisite for buying a home. I already envisioned, after I am married, I will have pets maybe a small dog but not those irritating ones, if my other half likes. Definitely not goldfish urgh. I knew the EX was not the one for me when I spotted the goldfish...7 or 8... in his bedroom. No sharing my bedroom with glassy eyed fishes and no sharing with dogs or cats or bunnies either. And no birds. I don't like birds. Yech. Though there was one time I brought home an injured sparrow... ...Skiiri, you must live a long life and scabies-free, because to me you represent a new life, too. Pets are significant in an owner's life, especially the seasons they represent and I always thought guys who kept pets (not fish or birds) were more interesting, and responsible, somehow. Oh, it's quite funny when the vet calls for the 'patient', they call by the animal name (They always can't pronounce mine, so they call MY NAME instead)... Imagine, the doc's assistant coming out of the room, and calling: "Silky!" Hilarious.

And Skiiri still has the dreaded scabies. Sigh. I still have it too. Itch. Two more rounds of injections... which is gonna blow a hole in my overdraft. Who said bunnies were low maintenance? Maybe short haired wild ones... but not long-haired sweet ones like mine. Roar!

And I'm not a dog person... or at least, I only like some dogs... so why do dogs like me? A guy's dog (Tess, shih tzu) sitting next to me at the vet came over TO SIT NEXT TO ME and put his head on my lap... What he trying to do, matchmake us? Lol. Then my bunny will shiver. Anyways had a nice chat with the fellow. But he has a Pekingnese too, and that dog irkkkks me!!! Lol. I prefer Sam-the-receptionist (Ok, I'm just kidding) but he seems nonchalant at our having a conversation. I seem to attract dogs, Fangy's Jack Russell and Maltese also like to follow me around and listen to me... ... But I guess I know why. Why? Why?...

Because I smell like rabbit.

And in my long convalscence at home, I like to hug Skiiri. Spending time with animals sometimes beats human company.