Friday, April 24, 2009

Good Will Hunting : script of Beautifully Imperfect

This scene mirrors the advertisement "Beautifully Imperfect", about a lady talking about her dead husband at his funeral...

Everyone likes that - that ad seems to have the magical touch on different people from each generation, when it appears on TV people just seem to quieten down and stare at the screen.

But as you can see from this video, it's apparently ripped-off.
Still, good scripting works to touch people in every situation or country or race... so, I'm glad it was used creatively. I share some beliefs with Flow who once said that nowadays (in video production) nothing is ever original anymore. Not that we like 'cut-and-paste', but a TVC that is SO good deserves respect for it's creative usage of dialogue, no matter whether it's 100% original or not.

Note some profanities spouted by Matt Damon in the beginning.

My fave lines: 

"It's wonderful stuff, you know. Little things like that. Those are the things that I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I know about. That's what made her my wife."