Monday, July 27, 2009

a contagious idea

 
I have collated many of my Melbourne trip photos into collages which I'm going to print out as a book, yay...
I think it's nice to be able to printout photos and keep keepsakes of your favorite memories, the happy memories... ... some of them, I can't even recollect until I look at the photos, though it's been only about 2 months since I was there. 

I have a happy memory of our Sunday outing too, when me and Mr A. just spotted a packet of potato chips - I love that flavor, it's honey baked ham potato chips from M&S, which was out of stock for a while. Mr A. loves it too, and we were just walking side by side, eating the chips slowly while walking back to the carpark. Somehow just this simple thing stirs up some strong feelings in me. It's amazing how good life can get when you're in a relationship. Me, I'm having a blast. I get to sample delicious soups at Mr A.'s Mom's kitchen. I had watercress - lovely flavor; turnip soup, yummy warm and soothing; and yesterday it was peanut soup with papaya. Coming from a home that only cooks chicken soup and mostly cooks curries, I savor the warm soups cooked for me. It's nutritious too!

Mr A. also keeps buying stuff for me. I know I shouldn't complain, but I know his pockets aren't that deep, so I worry whether I have made him super broke this month. For the whole month he has been treating me to meals and small gifts.

Seems like he is still okay since he has bought a car GPS and also treat my parents and little brother to the wonderful fresh pasta at Pasta Fresca. Mom and Dad loved the fresh pasta and pizza... ... I'm glad for a nice boyfriend and also love the arrabiata with tagliatelle. I never fancied arrabiata (tomato paste with garlic, herbs, spicy) much until I tried the one at Pasta Fresca. I always go for safe bets like carbonara... lagsane... =) So now we have 2 exercise mats that we bought at the discount shop at Little India... and it's Nike brand. Not fussy about exercise mat brands but compared to the rest of the mat, Nike wins hands-down for it's lightness, price point, and best of all you can use the mat both sides! How that works, I don't know! Guess it's based on personal preferences. But we have the idea to tone our muscles daily on the mat because we're going to have some photos taken at Bryan*Jean. I must say that the mat really motivates me to exercise, such a nice gray- two-sided mat which is a gift, too! So I have been doing Pilate-like exercises and I think the results are immediate, and scary. I only did one session of 30 mins' workout at home in front of the TV, and 10- 15 mins' here and there. Almost daily though. And I also used the resistance-band commonly known as Theraband. My arms and shoulders appear toned!!! So fast! And I can feel the armpit area becoming more contoured, there is now a small hollow... the fatty part that pops out when wearing sleeveless is reduced to half its size... If the results of Pilates is sooooo instantaneous, I am going to do it daily! But... it seems that my calves grew bigger. Sobs. The muscles popped out over the fats! It's bad. And I am not even doing any ... exercise to target my legs. Hopefully the fats will go down in a bit. Mr A. very kindly said that perhaps it's due to water retention... ... ummm, not likely... =P

I think that if some of us can have deep thoughts about their actions in life, more often, they would become better and ... more likeable. Honestly, being upset when they receive criticisms, and badmouthing the said critic or acting like the victim here is not going to do anything for them. Sure, they may elict some sympathy from others but in the end, they don't improve or change. I think one thing that irks me, really irks me are people who seem nice and all that, but they are really bitchy people. And they don't know it themselves. But I can see it in their eyes. They try to assess others who are around them. Whether others are sizing them up, too. And they try to act superior and offer up pieces of advice. They try to be friendly to people they have yet to categorize.

But unfortunately, they come across as 'fake'. Somehow although the piece of advice seems well-intentioned, we always don't carry it through because we are astute enough to know why it is being given. And... ... some of us, like me, go the other way. Having 'seen through' them, we just avoid unnecessary disturbances to our ideal way of life. Avoidance may be one way of showing maturity in this area.

 
Posted by Picasa