Sunday, September 27, 2009

green nails

YesIhavegreennails.
Being one of those ladies who scoff at nails in strange colors and prefer to have them done in nudes or pinks, I can say that this is my bravest manicure attempt so far. Well, it's a long story. You know how in Singapore we can't find any decent brands of nail polishes to buy (unless you're in Orchard) and so you can choose to either ruin your nails by the cheap brands or splurge out on those you are not likely to finish. Since I paint my nails so regularly (I'm obsessed with keeping them in nice coverings), I chose the latter. But it's increasingly hard to find nice color tones where you'd want to buy the whole bottle... you know?

So on a spur I decided to try a cheap manicure place. I read that jade green nails are in this Fall so I opted for the closest I can find. Surprisingly, I'm very pleased with the results. My toes are in a very nice shade of nude too! Which goes to show sometimes you just have to try something new. Perhaps a sign of old age, I'm becoming reluctant to. At least for clothes brands, I find the high fashion ones getting pricey and material also not so good, so I'm often spotted caressing the soft cottons at Muji.

I found a cute blog, he writes about his life in the form of exquisitely drawn cat cartoons. It's Miao and wafupafu and I added it to my bloglist. It's something like kartoen.be except it's not so one-tracked. I enjoy looking at the cartoons very much, the inner aesthetician in me appreciates all the concept and hours gone into creating one deceptively simple blogpost.



Hee hee.
Last week, The Boyfriend and I happened to be in town - Ion for a while. It's been said that when you go out with different people, you will notice different things. When I am alone, I always notice (first) the shop's 'architecture', the way the layout and flow is designed, the colors and interesting materials used for interior decor. Strangely, I find myself wondering why each product is placed at each location and would check if the next time I went, it has been rearranged... ... But when I'm out with The Boyfriend, I notice... ... nice food! We walked past this japanese artisanal bread, I believe the name is 'Bread Society', and I was actually looking at the chestnut or hazelnut tarts on left. But what we actually decided upon was the unimpressive-looking lemon danish. We thought it sounded quite unusual and because we just had many sweet things at a wedding reception, we bought one. And... o! o! I'm not really a foodie, I just have high standards for the things I put into my mouth and body... but this danish, o! It's what I can only describe as... heavenly. Truly now I know what a slice of heaven tastes like. Even though we were not hungry, we savored every crisp, tangy, sour, sweet and iced bite of flavor from it. It's only $1.50 too, I'm swearing off mediocre breadtalks bread from now. (I never really like breadtalk, but I always buy because it's so convenient.) Next time I'm at Ion I'd be sure to visit.


Posted by Picasa