Friday, October 16, 2009

i need a star buddy.


I've always like the yellow stars in the Care Bears show and only yesterday I found out that they are called 'Star Buddies', isn't that cute? I'm reminded to have some 'Star Buddies' of my own.

I caught up with Lilo over lunch yesterday. It was great to hear that her life ws going well, God's provision for a new job with less stress, backstabbing and all the horrors of the finance industry, a new mentor who is a great leader business and spiritually (who wouldn't be thankful for that?), and a new love. I jokingly remarked to her that it seems that our fate has been 'exchanged', we remember the last time we met, she was in a ranting state of mind, and now it seems that I am. I needed some advice about my direction, and she shared valuable information about what options I should consider. Sometimes when you have some ideas in your mind, you can 'bounce' it off others, and the outcome could be that you will have more confidence in the steps you're about to take. Change in Life should be expected, even welcomed, because when one resists change... in fact you cannot avoid changes, right. But the first, tentative step is often seeming risky, and leads me to have fearful, anxious feelings. But it also seems a relief to have thought it through. I seriously think that godly counsel is often neglected... and for the important steps we have to take, we should go about it prayerfully and letting godly people know so that they can pray for you and share in your joys and sorrows.

Looking at them just makes me feel happy, even those stuffed ones in the shops, I always gravitate towards them. Hoping something in your weekend brightens you up, too!


Posted by Picasa