Sunday, November 15, 2009

all about you

One sunday evening we brought TheBoyfriend's second cousin and her boyfriend out to Dempsey, they were in Singapore for the weekend. Second cousins means they're not really related, one of their parent is the other parent's cousin. But I found they looked quite similar though, which is surprising because none of my siblings bear the littlest resemblance to each other! And it was fun to go on a couple-outing, for once! We've only been out with his other cousin, a guy and his girlfriend whom we meet pretty often for family dinners, and another friend and her boyfriend, just once. It's always nice to have couple friends we can go out with - I've never had that before, so I'm excited to have that!

Making new friends: I'm actually not that proactive in making new friends, primarily because I already find it hard to catch up with the current ones; but lately because of participating in activities, I find myself getting to know new friends and catching up with the ones once known a little better. I met a guy who seems to be a mix of 2 of my guy friends whom I once hung out with and throughout the time I couldn't help but be fascinated at the similarities I detected. He has a nice side to him that he keeps well-covered up, but I spotted it, teehee. Perhaps like me, he is wary of new people. I also got to know the wacky and fun side of some people, I'm glad for that. If only we could hang out more often, I think I'd really grow fond of them. For another guy, I've always dimissed him as someone who is, you know, a bit 'cannot make it' in terms of being a partner (not for my other friends.) But having seen another side of him, I've changed my mind...yes he is not a good dresser in my books and seems miserly as well. But I think he'd make a good boyfriend to any of my friends, yes, I believe they will be happy with him! I've seen the nicer side of him - the sincere concern he shows when he asks about someone, he is truly concerned and not just paying lip service. The easy going way he views life, it's truly a blessing in this area, that he is so easy going and not worried about the small stuff, TheBoyfriend is like this too! And his enthusiasm for things motivates and encourages others... wow.

Seeing so many nice sides of people recently, I can't help but take a look at my own partner and count the ways I love him. I always wish that I could spend more time with him, and this hopeful wish often goes unfulfilled, this leads me to a melancholy state at times, because I've always imagined us trotting happily down parks and long walks by the beach, just holding hands. But I've also realised that working so much lately does leave him too tired for this couple sort of things, so I do need to tune down my expectations. Having spent so much time with other guys instead of him recently, it's sort of a weird feeling for me getting closer to other people than my intended... I wish I could have more shared moments with him, that even though we seem far apart at times, we can always share with each other about the moments that make up our lives. Or at least try to make some effort in it.