Tuesday, February 09, 2010

odds and ends

Remember those teenage days when you put in all that effort to do something homemade for your bestie's birthday or your 'stead'... scrawling on cards and trawling different shops to get interesting materials... Well, this V-day, being on an extremely tight budget, I D-I-Y something for TheBoyfriend... using this... once again, black Ikea frame. I have bought this some time ago with Architect... long time ago actually, but could not find 3 matchy photos to put in, so it has boring land maps currently. Revamped to something nice, I'd post up the photos afterwards... *suspense!


Was in town last week someone blanjah me ayam penyet, so I took the opportunity to walk around town especially the places I seldom go to like... Far East Plaza. Going back there sure brings back memories of those days where we would haunt the little shops and find interesting scrunchies - yes they were in back then, tonnes of cheap slippers, bikinis, baby tees... Lately it's been quite pricey so I stopped going there to shop, but the afternoon brought a pleasant surprise. I actually found cheap chic stuff that were quite nice.

I like peeptoes and bows on shoes and this brown actually suits my skin tone... and the espadrille wedge heel is nice. Super comfy, not a single blister...and no pain on the toe base which most heels would cause me...amazing. And... it's below 20 bucks, cheap huh? Machiam shopping in Bangkok.


Yes I know I have one bag like this... But this is so furry I had to get it. From BYSI, a small version of Chanel-inspired flap. And it's from TheBoyfriend! Yes, I used his shopping vouchers (christmas gifted) so can say this is the first bag he bought for me...



Some branded top but with the label cut off from 'supermarket' at FEP. It's near 'woodwood', a shop with quirky, one of a kind pieces that I like very much. I've been searching for nude tops with black accents, so very this season for forever so imagine my surprise when I found it on the discount rack, and it's in my size. Doesn't look like much here but it's feminine and floaty! The same shop also stocks a Stella McCartney dress in navy or that dusty pink she always uses... LOVE! But it was over my budget so I restrained myself. Plus, I haven't worn all my dresses yet... LOL.
Posted by Picasa

And lastly, the reason why I went to FEP: To get a cheap swimsuit. Since I don't have any decent ones for swimming... only string ones for suntanning which are a bit hazardous to learn swimming in... and I don't want to buy something expensive... or... fugly. Ta-dah! It's called a maillot... and if you ask me whether it's more decent... it's not... muahahaha. Well, unfortunately I can't FIT (too thin) the tankinis, and none of the boutiques actually sells those fugly swimsuits with the skirt or thick shoulder straps... well, I got this maillot. Nice huh? Got discount one. And I have a penchant for polka dots. I think FEP is quite interesting if you can avoid the made-in-china products and the cheap tees. There are a number of boutiques carrying branded or semi branded stuff, also a lot of made in Korea stuff, some good, some stunning. Those on the 2nd floor (actually I only went to the 2nd floor and the ground floor) are quite posh really. Having exhausted the clothes stores in Raffles City and Ion's quite high end, I think I will go back to haunting FEP.