Thursday, June 03, 2010

You with the sad smile

Where is God in all of the tears we cry and all the fears we faced, seemingly alone, seemingly when no one, no one understands what we are going through?

I've always had a (perhaps immature) viewpoint of Life, that I should live my life, without regrets. Perhaps I've seen too many people trapped in their blanket of guilt over mistakes made long ago that I chose to have this idealistic mentality.

But maybe also, if I consider, we can remember those regrets, and let them teach us to do what's right, for a better Life.

Life seems difficult, at times. The nightmares I had last night filled me with fear - it was of the past dreadful things, and today I am consumed with the memory of the nerve-wracking pain, anguish, and loss of childlike innocence and faith which I remember gripped those days and months.

Admitting mistakes are tough. Admitting to depression, admitting to cashflow problems, failure, job loss, big words that can mar your life. But Life here goes on at such a fast pace that I tend to forget that I'm still stressed and dealing with some losses and sometimes dealing with them I may not make wise decisions.

The truth of your character shines through when you hear of people making mistakes; and your first thought is not to smirk at them (or worse, giving uncalled-for advice), but to try to understand the pain they are going through, for little do they know the ones they hurt most, are themselves.

When you hear of people admitting the secrets they have lived with, please be alongside them to help them out of their addiction/obsession instead of telling others or being shocked beyond belief.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Sometimes, they make it willingly, because they care, too much.

Sometimes they make it because they know no better.

I feel like shit today.