Monday, January 24, 2011

wordless symmetry in a parallel universe

I first heard the concept of a 'parallel universe' explained coherently in an episode of FRINGE. It did make sense to me, there is something else out there which we cannot explain. Of course it can be explained in christian terms - the spiritual and supernatural. But in some rare, rare occurrences, (both in christian spirituality and elsewhere), there is the meeting of the two. It could be just a preacher with such a powerful faith speaking some words of truth, which makes your knees go weak and your spirit just so sensitive to what God is speaking to you, and He does. How? You just can't explain it. What about? You can't explain it too, as words doesn't explain the full context... but subconsciously, YOU KNOW.

Suffice to say that God spoke to me about several things in the span of mere minutes, some of that, I will share with a select few and some of it I will keep it buried in my heart. I remember miracles from time past, the way I am aching for one now. I was reminded of certain things that gnawed deep within my soul. The faith or the X-factor that became the launching platform to this parallel universe was not lost to many, as so many around were also touched, weeping, shaking, confessing. The supernatural power floored me, I could barely stand up at one point.

Such happenings, where parallel universes join, is truly a unique one. Based on the decisions you make, the memories around you gets to be shaped. But the thing is, WHAT IF. What if... we had never made such decisions...one could argue that the future could be changed. But can it? One popular exposition of the theory is if we could go back in time and ensure Hitler wasn't born, thus not killing Jews, no World War, etc. But, as the story goes, when they traveled back into time there was another guy who rose up... and the same thing happened, albeit in a different sense. We all know that we can't do time travel. But we sure can make a lot of interesting decisions to shape our future. The more interesting thing perhaps is how and why.

If our friend here likes someone so badly, there's so many options, so many voices of reason, all of them which may or may not get him the girl and the love of a lifetime. Our friend may decide to talk to her for hours on the phone. But for girls like me, that's a turn-off. Maybe we can get bored easily without any visual stimulation. Our friend may decide to push her into making a decision. Surprise her! Girls like surprises, right? Well, it depends. There is a small but significant difference in sending flowers on Valentine's to her office and HAND-delivering flowers on Valentine's to her office. Once again, if you have decided to send her flowers, one which is too big will probably scare her off and too small, you will come across as a cheapo... and all this will fail, of course, if she is allergic to flowers!!!

I'm just saying, our friend should put more thought into the actions and the sub-actions he gallantly wants to show.

I'm just saying that sometimes, I too, do not know how to act when I like someone. All these thoughts also flood my mind. 'WHAT IF... ' What if...such decisions are not left up to me, and the future remains status quo. All I know for sure is that I'll be pretty miserable, inside. Well, I've always taken these good pieces of advice - 1. Let God and 2. Follow Your Heart. I hope our friend, and he, and me, and us, all don't care about what the rest of the nosy parkers have to say, and just do 1. and 2.

Watch the short youtube for explanation on parallel universes. For those with average IQ, don't even bother, you won't grasp it anyway. Just go and live out your simple, (self-absorbed) lives while the rest of us expand our brain matter with such timely, life-changing decisions.