Thursday, February 03, 2011

scrapbooking: Really Simple Birthday Cards in 5 minutes



I just wanted to make some really quick and simple (yet classy, of course) birthday cards with the scrap material I have on-hand.

So here is a really simple and in my opinion quite nice, birthday card you can make in 5 minutes.
I kid you not!

Color Theme: Black and White, Vintage, Dark Maroon, Silver

Materials: 2 types of ribbons - 1 about 1 cm thick, the other one really thin, scrap scrapbook paper, small alphabet stickers, glue

I had just these 2 pieces of beautiful vintage black-and-white paper I've been dying to use. I usually throw away scrap papers that are not of a decent size...The bigger card is postcard-sized and the other one is about two times of a regular namecard.

Here, the relative sizes.

So in really easy steps: Fold the paper, try to tie a nice ribbon with the smaller ribbon on top, paste down the super glittery ribbon below, paste the alphabet stickers and there you have a really nice birthday card. The more complicated the background is, the better!


Here's another version. The paper doesn't really pop, too bland! And I was trying to use up the pesky alphabets 'x,v,w,y,q'! I did another version at the back with the gingham ribbon and other ribbons but I think the first two I did were so much nicer due to the choice of papers.
For other scrapbook projects, please click on the links at the right column. Coming up next, I've finished another scrapbook envelope accordion album! I'm just waiting for the photos to be ready!