Thursday, September 23, 2004

shine on...

Can't seem to concentrate on anything these days... i fear i've gotten into the routine of work-eat-sleep... my brain doesn't seem to be functioning right too... i think it's flown away to holiday in france or someplace far far away... when i want to think about things i just sit there and stone... perhaps i'm not getting enough sleep. well...

giffy was so ... enduring when i met him on monday, somehow it just occurred to me that he's all grown up now, the way he carries my stuff and talks... its so funny, all this while i've always viewed him as a small, slightly fragile, gentle creature who needs attention, water and love.. those who know him will laugh because he... well he's scrawny but not all that small. still, he appeals to my motherly instincts... the fact hit me on monday that he isn't really all that young... he is quite independent really... hoho. kinda awed by his sensitivity to my feelings... i was quite afraid to bring a really cranky mood to our meeting so i tried to lighten up too... we did have fun catching up, as i hoped... told him about my backpacking plans... i wonder if i will be under fire if we go some places together... ... but then i'd probably throw all caution to the wind. afterall, the "young and impressionable ones" need to grow up someday.

the bright spark today was receiving ches' email first thing in the morning... i pored over it, managed to get it printed out too =) my lift keeps opening on the 10th floor, i am running out of things to pray for him... thank God that he shared some things I could pray for. God works in strange ways, i never thought that we could stay connected in such a bizarre way! chester made 3 rules for himself, which i think i will follow too, at least for the next 2 weeks or so: 1. Don't complain (yea... ) 2. Don't judge.. 3. observe the 2 rules, haha... I guess it would be quite challenging for me as i am always griping about stuff, not complaining though, just ... griping... perhaps i should lower the high standards i have for people and stuff. i think though, it is easy to stay cheerful if we focus on thanking God for what we have... ... and as usual, i don't take my good advice... i did try to sing cheerful songs to myself, but then ironically i read proverbs 25:20 NLT and... somehow God spoke to me in such a humorous way that i could only grimace... can't wait to go backpacking... the desire gets stronger each day. have i been feeding it?