Friday, September 24, 2004

misSCHOOLed

Took some time off work to go to school, haha i'm specially requested to be there for a meeting, actually a 'panel for validation', some UK lecturers from the Open U were there to inquire about our lives as degree students in LaSalle-SIA. I guess only the British can wear a short sleeved shirt with a tie and still not look hilarious.

Did not even think I would say this, but I sort of miss school, all the bad things about it, the expensive and undelicious canteen food, the squirmingly hot weather, the superficial people, the ghastly toilets... I did enjoy myself somewhat, the last 2 sems... although the lack of sleep did terrible things to my constitution, the 5 free days in a week was great, and the relative un-monotony of doing my projects and pushing my ideas was fun to me... ... hectic no doubt, but its to be expected being an 'accelerated honors course'... well I am glad it is over, but I do wish it had lasted longer... If I had a spare $20K on hand... I would ... study the MA at CSM... read the course requirements immediately after getting my results in May, yea I think I should be able to apply and get in with no problem... however I do not have this amount of money, and anyways, if I really had this amount I would probably travel around Europe, or buy a motorbike, or set up a pasar malam or something...

yea...

if only God gave us everything we wished for.

but if I had everything I wished for... I don't think I would have the time and energy to enjoy them, or even realise that I could be happy where I am and with what I have. Right?

Soooo.... my school of thought is that some dreams are better left unfufilled, at least in my life... the little things that I have seem more valuable that way.

And I know some things can't be taken away, at least for now...