Sunday, September 26, 2004

The lee.wee.chee. enclave

found this wonderful TCC(the coffee connection), newly opened whilst traipsing along the singapore river yesterday...its at circular road, stumbled upon it when I was looking for the one at boat quay(they are closed for renovation, now), a good place to go to as it opens till 2am, there aren't many decent places to go to for nightbirds like me in Singapore.

i think it's going to be one of my fave places to hang out now... while it still remains unknown and tucked away... from the outside, it looks like any other ordinary coffee place, but hey, take a journey up to the second floor and there are nice big comfy beanbags(!!), plenty of space, not like the chairleg-to-chairleg squeeze at coffeebucks; artwork by einstein kristansen all around and low tables, plus a decent restroom. woooo... the four of us: frank(lee), carol(wee) and kenneth(chee) just pounced on one beanbag each and looked at each other in bliss. This post-combined-cell-outing was turning out just fine... ... Frank was everywhere, snapping up the artworks on the wall with his new nokia handphone (with built in camera, video and voice recorder, compass, temperature check, the works)... I just slurped up the spicy orangecarrot soup (its an acquired taste) and flipped through the many art books available. There's one of van gogh's works, and many high end graphic and fashion books. P Carol would love this place; which coincidentally she was asking me about it early in the week, which I sincerely replied that I've never heard about this art gallery-cum-cafe before.

Now i'm thinking of a gazillion friends to bring there, tell them, 'hey, look what i've found, isn't it lovely?', and they'd all nod their heads in various levels of enthusiasm. Already, I'm planning for our ex camp comm dinner to be held there (that's the wwd2 camp comm) ...in october, plus bringing all my nice, arty friends who loves beanbags as much as I do, and are totally sick of the wisma-taka-downtown area... ... Meanwhile, the place should be kept a secret... just imagining a rowdy crowd there makes my mouth go dry already. A Rachel-and-associates enclave, fits me just fine.=)