Friday, October 01, 2004

The day of the horrific paper cut

Oof.

Got another paper cut today. Bad paper! Naughty paper! It left a 1 cm gash on my index finger which spewed out blood for about 10 minutes (I am not exaggerating), I used up 2 tissues and 2 plasters...Funny thing is, I did not even realise it was bleeding until I saw some stained papers and thought to myself "hmm, how come its stained..." Yea, my index finger was happily dripping on the various papers...

My writing's affected, looks really sprawly and I'm doing my work 1.5 times slower...I need to know where to buy 'finger guards'...saw Nike® selling 2 for 7 bucks which means I have to spend $35 to get finger insurance. Maybe I should just wear gardener gloves, or just not get too involved with anything paper-related.

Speaking about work, I've been 'promoted' after 3 short weeks at the company, from my past post of the (lowly) office girl. Yay! I am now the 'Admin. Exec.' (I wonder what that means)...Well, does that mean a pay raise as well? Considering that I have not even got my "firstfruits". And I get to attend a real business meeting at the ABN Amro Bank on friday! Sort of looking forward to it, it means getting out of the office and seeing what other offices are like (so ironic yea.) *ahem* And talk to the Assistant.Vice.President... Or rather the AVP will talk to me...kewl kewl kewl... being a temp is fun!

Chanced upon this pretty fantastic webpage with all the news on the Singapore Idol finalists... AND their blogs! (this webpage) I read most of theirs... nice, down-to-earth stuff about their experiences... I'm supporting David Yeo with my voice(go! win!*hoot hoot*), my heart(droolz...) and my money(dial 1900-blah-blah-blah)... I have really supportive parents! Haha my mum thought calling/voting was free and she happily dialed 3 times... She's supporting Sylvester. I think he has potential... Personal favorites are Leandra and Maia too...Mmm show is on tomorrow, sadly 2 of them will be no longer in the running then.