Sunday, October 03, 2004

Wow...

I can't believe it... ...

My poem is going to get published!!! Wow.

The one I wrote 2 weeks ago, 'Chuchotement Imprudent'. I asked Lise to translate it for me in French. I was thinking, since I rarely write poems (I write more songs), why don't I just submit it to a poetry writing contest and see how far it will go. I submitted my entry; in English its titled Careless Whisper; to the first website I 'googled' to (www.circleofpoets.com), and forgot about it. =)

Today I just received a email, saying that out of the 12,240 entries they received, 224 are selected to get published. It just seems so so surreal... ... The email said:

"Our editors select poems on the basis of rhythm, use of imagery, style and individuality. With respect to your poem "Careless Whisper", our team of editors has particularly appreciated the images and mood evocated throughout."

Wow...

Initially, this poem was written as an outlet for my volatile emotions; as I never would express them in the way I intend to, thus I usually pour them out in songs, drawings, prayers to an ever-hearing God, etc...And it is very very personal to me, if someone insults it, I think I would be pretty hurt or just dimiss them as ignorant imbeciles... ... So... I'm glad that some people will appreciate this poem, perhaps when they read it they connect with themselves, with a deeper understanding of life and love... =) Cheers...