Friday, October 15, 2004

Repercussions of an action

I've bought a digicam over yahoo auctions, woo... It will come by SingPost next week! I can't wait to see my new toy, hope it works well and everything. Since I have a bit of free time now I shall brush up my photography.

I'm in touch with my feelings today, and my feelings tell me I'm slightly frustrated, despite my usual sanguine outlook on life. I think its due to my daily observation of human nature.

If all of us had the foresight to see how our small small actions affect and impact others around us some way, maybe the world would be a better place, and we would not have to analyse ourselves and the system on which our worldviews are based on. Every single person out there carries some baggage, be it a small clutch bag or a super-sized luggage carrier, and the past often gets intertwined with our present.

I've set myself a task of reading some other books besides my beloved NLT Bible (it's lonely, it needs friends)... and since I'm such a picky buyer of books, I've been going around borrowing from my kindly friends who buy books but don't read them. Well, the books look good in my house. The title of the book I'm reading now is 'God Will Make A Way', with the subtitle : 'What to do when you don't know what to do'. Now, usually I would not pick up such books, much less purchase them or read them. I'm one of those rare, self-assured, confident individuals who always knows what she wants to do in life. Yea!

My reservations notwithstanding, the book turned out to be quite a page-turner. The thing that stopped me in my tracks (while I was reading it on the MRT in the morning) was a simple sentence that urged my to examine my ways of dealing with relationships that might be tying me to my past. Hmmm. I thought a long time on that! It will take me days to come up with a conclusion on that, though. Once again, food for thought. I do hope I'm not just accumulating knowledge, I do want to be a wise, old one... =)

The repercussions of an action suddenly became so real to me as I realised 2 days ago that my previous cell member is now in a detention centre for smoking marijuana. I'm just saddened by the horrid reality of it all.