Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Something to muse about

Now that Dad is gone Mum SMSes me almost everyday.

This feels really weird, coming from a parent who, many years ago, did not even bother to take down my pager no. until 2 years later, who let me wear bikinis when I was 10... who lets me choose my own boyfriends in secondary school, not bother about my travel companions; and can tell me my best friend is soooo handsome... (Suddenly I'm reminded of the scene they keep showing in the OC but nooooo Mum's not meaning he's cute in that manner, mind.) In short, Mum/Dad gives me more freedom than your average Singaporean gal. It's just strange, and I am compelled to spend more time at home... which is fruitlessly spent watching the new swim show (don't I just love Fiona & Toro...) Perhaps its my fertile imagination or do I detect a unbecoming forlorness in the 'tone' of the SMSes...

The movie review in life! today for "Before Sunset" moved me pretty much. It's a story about intellectuals falling in love - the couple talk their way to engaging (their minds) with each other...sadly they only meet up 9 years later which is the jaded premise of this movie. Something to muse about. I. Must. Go. See. If this is the only romantic movie I watch this year, so be it.