Sunday, November 14, 2004

The end of the cold war if there was one

Said a wee 'sorry gifford' today. =)

Felt so much better after saying that... I almost didn't have the opportunity to... after we met at the foyer today we just went up the stairs, initially he just walked past me and straightaway talked to Frank ( so I just stared broodily at his 'cold shoulders')... and I DID smile tentatively at him, but I guess he didn't catch it.

So there we found ourselves both standing, facing each other at the stairwell between the third and fourth floors. He walked halfway up, and then down again; casually shrugging/leaning on the stair rails and me, standing prim and proper, trying to smile.

I realise we always talk at the stairwells, it's like sort of a 'meeting point' for us, both going in different directions in the same place, and the only commonality is the stairs... here we can just stop, stand, and chat... usually not more than 10mins though. I guess SerLing was wondering what was happening as I didn't say hi to her when she tapped my shoulder. Well, I was trying hard to swallow my pride... hehe.

After a quick glance downwards I shyly apologized, hesistantly, fearing his reaction. But he just gave that sly grin of his and told me in his offhanded way that I shouldn't need to feel or say sorry, (exact words: don't need to say sorry, just jump down the 4th floor can already(to show my sincerity, I understand))... meaning that he was okay, he wasn't really hurt by my asinine remarks.

Which goes to show that there really wasn't any cold war anyhow. And I've taken a step forward in being more understanding to his feelings, too.


Was reflecting on this and realised that wars are mostly always founded/started on the basis of silly reasons. =)