Friday, November 12, 2004

Exploring possibilities

Somehow I feel so liberated now that I'm not working office hours I sincerely don't want to find another temp job... but there's a real question of saving up for the backpacking trip next year, and also christmas, and I'm sure I can't take slacking around the house for 1 and a half months. Besides, who's going to keep me company? Think I shall find something mundane to do next week.. if only people hire me lyk weekly I'd be really happy. I must banish thoughts of just hopping happily onto the next boat/bus/flight to wherever and getting browned and sipping juice out of coconuts all day long.

My novel is progressing, slowly but I did make a headstart today in pieceing together all the pieces. Read from somewhere that the first 4 chapters had to be really interesting to draw the reader into the story... To me, a good novel is something that once you pick up, you would want to read it till the end, to find out what happens. I don't think mine is that good yet... right now I don't even know what the ending is going to be like. Hopefully not something morbid. I always write about people dying and being sad, yea there's a death in this one too. Since I have had a happy childhood and adolescence, I wonder why I'm so 'dark'; in my thoughts. But it is interesting writing, I enjoy it so very much. Hopefully this can generate something for me to do in the future, I'm still exploring possibilities. Oh yea, I've submitted my poem to another online poetry contest, it's in the semi-finals now, if I don't win anything it'll be fine cuz it's still going to be published and I'm still quite glad about that. For now i'll just not think about it. Ches said it was a good poem, he could connect with it and I hope that many do, too.

Anyways now I shall go to JobsDS to check for any one-week temp jobs. Haha.