Wednesday, November 24, 2004

::seven:3::

Wrote this poetic re-interpretation today. It really spoke to me.


SEVEN:3

God…
He is good
To those with pure hearts.
I was slipping
Slipping from the cliff’s edge
…Almost dead.
Sometimes I see them, the others so unlike me
Different. Carefree. Heedless.
Crushing hopes with a mere twist
Of their hands. Those left; twisting
In despair;
At their cruelty
Scorned, those,
Confused and lost in all the empty words.
Where is God when I need Him?
Was it for nothing that I kept my heart pure
Kept myself
From doing wrong… yet all I get
Is trouble all day long.
Every morning
Brings me pain.
Is my destiny one with the cliff’s edge
Or, am I just bitter, pained from all that I have seen?
So much that I fail to envision heaven
And that their present life is only a dream;
That is gone when they are awake.
Holding on to my right hand
You remain, the strength of my heart,
Mine forever.




A paraphrased and condensed version of Psalms 73. copyright mine... =)