Saturday, November 06, 2004

Sometimes smart people do stupid things

I think I'm like living in another world now with the birthing of my novel. Everywhere I go I see unlimitless opportunities to milk the scene and whip out my trusty black muji notebook and write down the highlights of my inspiration.

It's terribly hard to write every single day (as encouraged) but I'm very very DRIVEN and so far after starting on the 2nd, I did manage to write at least a MS Word-long page daily. It's so difficult tho, after typing for what seems to be a few thousands of words, the word count only is an average of 500 words in a day. Exhausting, especially when my mind wanders and wants to type the other exciting parts first instead of typing in chronological order, and I get stuck; so I move on, so my story is in bits and pieces that I would need to do extensive reconfiguration to (haha sounds like extreme makeover right)...

Sometimes smart people do stupid things to themselves and I happen to be one of them.

Like how you know this thing is gonna hurt ya but you do it anyway, perhaps your mind says, 'ho, I'm tired and I'm just gonna stop thinking for these 2 mins/hours/days' and you happily 'switch it to auto-snooze mode' and continue doing the hurtful not the needful.

And later on you berate yourself for being so stupid. For losing your mind along with a few other unspecfied things that you used to have.

And then what happens next?

Your mind goes on 'auto alert' mode and replays the captured memory of the stupid thing again and again and again and again until you think you are going crazy but it's just in your mind, it's rested and now it needs to be (over)productive... which is your fault, by the way, for switching it off in the first place. And then you need to download, so your poor pals have to listen to these rants... and they tell you, stop thinking about it.

And then it hits you. And nothing else can sum this up, except that sometimes smart people do stupid things. And I happen to be one of them. Darn.