Tuesday, November 09, 2004

My second last day here

Hai.

To all those naysayers who said I couldn't work in an office, desk-bound environment, good riddance. I've stayed on in this job for 2 months plus. Hoo. Hoo hoo hoo hoo. Now, I get to go out into the fresh sunshine and stretch my jelly legs and pasty skin into the brilliant bright daylight again! =) Not having to talk to anyone the whole day sorts of gives me a lot of pent-up frustration inside which I can't release through any physical activity. Think I've got a high *** drive too... where's a good listener when you need one. Then again I can't stand listening to other people's rants about their horrid time in army life so maybe I'm just being plain selfish or perhaps its the individual that matters. Haha. But I'm slightly older now, so I shall just choose a select few to listen to my mind-escapades. If they can take it, that is. I've heard that some brain cells die as we get older... that means we get dumber and dumber as we grow old. That's so sad, being older means losing youth, intelligence, beauty... so who wants to grow up? I mean hey, I'm only in my early 20s and a lady tried to sell me Olay's regenerist products, those that are meant for aging skin? I was peeved and told her curtly that these products are not meant for my young unlined skin. Gosh. Twentysomethings already have so much to be concerned about, now we have to believe in the philosophy of taking care of our wrinkling skin... I'm too lazy I guess when it appears I'd go botox or something or live in a climate where the weather is less harsh,(now what is the opposite of 'harsher'?...'gentler'? Doesn't apply to the weather... does it?)... the sun is so dim that no one will be able to spot any laugh lines or wrinkles... ...

Tomorrow marks the last day of working here. Hmm. Well I must say that it has been an enriching experience for me. Firstly, spotting all the nice church people who work nearby(ie chunghao charlotte joanna tatliong corrina yenshan) and offer to take time out of their busy schedule to have lunch with me, even tho' they don't know me well... it's so endearing. And the food is really... varietied... cheap... nice fruits... got subway to eat every week... have my own desk and phone and stationery. And there's unofficial reading-newspaper and surfing the net time... so educational. Life is quite blissful here, I thank God for this opportunity to get a chance to learn so much. But as all good things must come to an end, it's time for me to leave and.. I wonder if I got the job I've applied for today... If not, alright I'd take a rest from this chapter of life and ponder on what's coming next. Once again I'm in the think-too-much mode. Have to stop it at times, it gets crazy especially when I keep it to myself? Then again, back to my previous point where I'd probably scare all my nice friends away if I tell them what's going on in my mind. A taste of my own medicine, I always tell my friends about my other friends... when they do that, I get a tad jealous. Hmm. Lots of other under the surface issues about that, but well, some friends you just want them to be your special friend and keep them in your small cupboard away from the public eye. Shield them from harm. Keep them unaware of their charms. Tease them and laugh at them. ... I need a hug.