Sunday, December 12, 2004

I'm on holiday!

Sometimes things happen when it's really unexpected, but actually a secret part of you wishes that it might happen, just that it would be too incredible that you actually don't dwell on the exciitng possibilities and just commit to a mundune, insipid and practical life.

Not for me.

Yea, I'm very blessed in this sense that this year, so much 'out-of-the-box' things have happened that I cannot help but marvel at my 'good fortune' which really comes from the One above. I realised that I've made so many new friends this year, and very amazingly managed to regain contact with some of the long-lost childhood ones. Like Yong An - I still remember we acted a pseudo-version of Titanic in a church social where I was the ingenue of the red haired Rose and he was Jack. Thinking about it now gives me the chills actually, it's disgusting! But I'm glad that I'll have a chance to meet him in the following week. Over the years, like many of my male counterparts, he has blossomed from a gawky, scrawny, geeky person to the tanned, stylish, handsome hunk he is now. =) Cheers! I guess I haven't changed much then; I couldn't recognize him the way he is now. Can't say I don't like it though. And Rongren, I've known him like since forever - since we were on potties and playing supersoaker block-catching...my neighbour in Ang Mo Kio; however we both moved away from that district in the days where pagers were not yet available... this year too, by aligned opportunities of meetings with new accquaintances; I managed to regain contact with him, on friendster, and sms.

And, one of the very best things this month is that I'm on holiday! My company gave me a break this month and I come back on 3rd Jan. The rest are on their annual leave, I'm given that too. Which is more than what I can ask for, and I'm exhilarated to get afternoons to meet up with my dearest and closest. (And of course, being a poolside bum again...provided Uncle Sun shows up more often!)

My poem is going to be published in 3 books come Spring 2005; I've always liked writing and journalism, and the English language in general, but perhaps because of my other time-consuming passions, I've never really indulged myself in it. Now, the prospects of me pursuring an alternative hobby/career in writing seems like an excellent idea to me. Maybe in a few years' time, a novel? Who knows? It's like I'm going through an awakening of sorts, I'm being more attuned to life, and to my self, my senses, how I react and what I feel. And hopefully through expressing it through the written media I will gain some accolades for the phases of life being expressed as such.

And with Christmas around the corner... I only have one wish.

For world peace.

Haha!